Did you know that Montana is one of the top 10 states of child drownings ages 14 and under? The Butte Family YMCA is here to help children of all ages learn how to swim so they can enjoy water activities safely. Give your child or grandchild the gift of swim lessons, a gift that will last a lifetime. A new two week summer swim session started, July 14 and runs through July 24. Morning and evening classes. Ages 3 and up.
- Get ready for the annual YMCA Y-5 Triathlon, August 16, 2014. Fun for the whole family! Adult Y-Tri: 500 yard Swim |5M Bike |5 K Run, Youth Y-Tri: 125 yard Swim | 2.75M Bike| 1M Run, Register by August 2 to be eligible for door prizes, Adult $40, Youth $10 (Ages 5 – 17), Family $60, Team $60. Check-in 7:45 8:15 at YMCA, Triathlon starts at 8:30. Life Vests or swimming belts are allowed, training wheels OK! Bike Helmets are required.
- What is your child doing this summer? The YMCA Summer camp is filled with learning activities and field trips. Coming in July is a trip to meet the Brewers and science fun at Montana Tech. Register today at the Y or online at www.butteymca.org
- New Member Summer Special! No joiner fee and 3 month special for family, adult, young adult, youth, senior, and senior couple. Up to $119 savings! College Students only $15 per month with no joiner fee.
- New Fitness Lunch Hour Variety, beginning May 19, Mondays, TRX, 12:10 to 12:45 p.m., Wednesdays, Insanity, 12:15 to 12:45 p.m., Fridays, Build and Burn, 12:10 to 1 p.m.
- New Summer classes: Mondays, Insanity 5:30 to 6:30 p.m.; Tuesdays and Thursdays, Oula 4:30 to 5:30 p.m.; Wednesdays, TRX 5:30 to 6:30 p.m. and Zumba 6:30 to 7:30 p.m.; Fridays TRX 6:00 to 7:oo a.m.